Top 9 FAQs Answered
1. What is Union Budget?
It is the government's annual financial statement that highlights its revenues, expenses, and capital.
2. When will Budget'23 be presented?
FM Nirmala Sitharaman will present Budget'23 on February 1 2023.
3. What time will the budget speech start?
FM Nirmala Sitharaman is expected to start her budget speech at 11 am.
4. When will the budget session begin this year?
The Budget session is expected to begin on January 31 with the address of President Droupadi Murmu.
5. In which language is the Union Budget presented?
The Union Budget is presented in English and Hindi.
6. What are the components of the Union Budget?
Union Budget is divided into Revenue Budget and Capital Budget.
7. Why is Union Budget important?
It is important from various perspectives, including usage of funds, income tax changes, economic growth, etc.
8. Why does FM pose with a tablet/briefcase on budget day?
The FM poses with a tablet used to present the budget speech as it acts as a symbol of the upcoming budget presentation.
9. Is railway budget separate from Union budget?
In 2017, the Central Government merged the Railway Budget with the Union Budget.
Click Here to Read
Budget 2022-23 Highlights