Mukesh Ambani began his speech for the 45th AGM of Reliance Industries by talking about the five imperatives that PM Modi articulated that will make India a developed nation by 2025.
Highlights of the 45th AGM of Reliance Industries
Mukesh Ambani on high inflation and supply disruptions
- India stands as a beacon of growth and stability
- Govt’s moves have helped India emerge better
- RIL set to make a far bigger contribution to India’s prosperity than what done so far
Mukesh Ambani on RIL
- Reliance is India’s largest tax payer.
- Growth of 75% in exports
- New record in creating jobs. 2.32 lakhs jobs added across businesses.
- 421 mobile broad band subscribers on 4g data. Doubled data consumption.
Reliance Jio 5G and Jio Fibre
- Jio fibre optic network. 11,00,000 lakh root km connection.
- RIL Plans Rs 2 Lakh Crore Capex for Jio 5G
- Jio Fibre is the #1 FTTX provider in India – Jio fibre
- India still lags behind rest of the world in terms of fixed broadband. India ranks 138th in FTTX.
- Jio Fiber has over 7 million connected premises in India.
- Jio will deploy standalone 5G with no dependency on 4G network
- Jio can provide 5G services to its existing 4G base.
- Jio to roll out entire 5G in every town and taluka by Dec 2023.
- Jio announced launch of Jio 5G Services by Diwali 2022 in Metro cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Three-fold advantage of Stand-Alone 5G
The three-fold advantage of Stand-Alone 5G architecture, largest and best mix of spectrum, and Carrier Aggregation means Jio 5G will be able to offer an unparalleled combination of coverage, capacity, quality, and affordability: Mukesh Ambani
Relance Jio Partnerships with Qualcomm and other worldwide collaborations
Collaborations world wide
- Meta – immersive technology and metaverse
- Google – 5G smartphones and Google cloud capabilities
- Microsoft – cloud-enabled business application
- Intel – cloud-scale data centres and cutting-edge applications
- Well-established relationships with leading global network technology providers like Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung and Cisco
Reliance’s Media Business
Media business achieved its highest growth on the back of strong engagement, resulting in record subscriptions and advertising revenues. Viacom18 consolidated its leadership position with a high-decibel entry into sports, bagging the digital rights of IPL for five years.
- Reliance Retail at Rs. 2 lakhs crore turnover and EBITDA of Rs 12,000 crore 200 million registered consumers on Reliance Retail. 520 mn walk-ins
- 6 Lakh orders delivered daily
- Jio Mart- India’s number 1 trusted brand for grocery delivery.
- 4.5 billion visits to the digital platforms, up by 2.3x YoY.
- It doubled warehousing and fulfilment space to 670 million cubic feet, linking supply locations with demand centres across the country.
- Opened over 2,500 stores in the year to take our store count to over 15,000, with area of 42 mn sq-ft
- Own brands contribute to over 65% of overall revenues.
Reliance’s new FMCG business
- The new commerce initiative is on course to partner with one crore merchants as it expands presence to cover the entire country in next five years.
- AJIO business, Reliance Retail’s new commerce initiative, works with merchant partners across 3,500 towns, giving them access to a collection of over 8,000 regional and national brands and a wide portfolio of in-house brands.
- Launched JioMart Digital initiative during the year enabling small electronics merchants to sell the entire product portfolio of Reliance Retail on an assisted selling model.
- 8700 stores over 7000 towns
Reliance Oil & Gas highlights
- Production jumps 9x and revenues cross $1bn.
- With the commissioning of the MJ Field by end-2022, KG-D6 will contribute ~30% of India’s gas production
- Import saving of 9 bn USD over the years
- EBITDA crossed Rs.50,000 crores
- Rs. 75,000 crore new investments in capacities and existing and new value chains. These investments will go in Polyester value chain, Vinyl value chain and New Materials.
- Reliance will continue to invest in O2C business to expand capacities in existing product lines as well as to add new value chains with aim to maximise oil-to-chemicals conversion.
- Reliance has commenced its journey to become net carbon zero by 2035 with a set of concrete actions.
- Within one year, the renewable energy consumption at Reliance jumped by 352%
New giga factory for power electronics and software systems
- Ambani announced a new giga factory for power electronics and software systems in Jamnagar.
- Ten-gigawatt solar PV cell factory with REC Technology to commence operations in 2024.
- To expand capacity to 20 GW by 2026 in phases.
- To create end-to-end battery ecosystem.
- Battery productions to start by 2023
- Have formed strategic partnership with Lithium Werks, Faradion, Ambri.
- Aim to start production of battery packs by 2023 and scale up to 5 GwH by 2024 and 50 GWh by 2027.
Reliance’s emphasis on Green Energy and Hydrogen
- Reliance is one of the biggest hydrogen producers.
- Will commence transition from grey hydrogen to green hydrogen by 2025.
- In talks with global players for partnership to deliver green hydrogen at lower cost for green hydrogen electrolyser giga factory.
- Investments of Rs 75,000 crore and double down.
- Captive requirements allow base load.
- Reliance partners with Stiesdal for commercialisation of Pressurised Alkaline Electrolyzer technology
- Reliance acquired 100% stake in REC Solar, a pioneer with over 25 years of experience in solar industry, and a global technology leader in the highest efficiency solar panels.
Values that will drive the next phase of Reliance industries
Reliance emphasising on the following to make its journey into the golden jubilee of its listing in 2027
- People Capital
- Technology and innovation
- Capability Capital
- Achievement Capital
- Relationship Capital
- Trust Capital
- Co-operation Capital
- Empathy Capital
- Integrity Capital
- Community Engagement Capital
Mukesh Ambani clearly demarcated responsibilities between his three children, Akash Ambani, Isha Ambani and Anant Ambani with the following roles.
- Akash Ambani to head Jio and telecom
- Isha Ambani to head Reliance Retail
- Anant Ambani to head Reliance Energy focussed on clean energy ventures