The Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO subscription was open from 3rd November 2022 to 7th November 2022, within which retail investors made their applications to invest in shares of the company. This IPO’s price band ranged between Rs. 285 to Rs. 300 per share. The minimum lot size for subscription in this IPO was 50 shares.
Bikaji Foods IPO issue allotment is likely tomorrow, 11th November, 2022. Investors who have made an application can check their allotment status of Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO as per the steps and details given below.
What is IPO allotment?
As part of any IPO allotment process, the offer’s registrar allocates the company’s shares to bidders who have made an application for an IPO subscription. In most large-cap IPOs, this process generally takes a week from the IPO release date. For small-cap IPOs, it may take longer, especially in case the IPO subscription does not reach the threshold requirement.
Read more: Top FMCG Stocks in India
Allotment date of Bikaji Foods International Ltd IPO
The allotment date for Bikaji Foods International Ltd IPO is 11th November 2022. The latest grey market premium (GMP) of the company’s shares is Rs. 35. The shares of this foods company are expected to be listed on stock exchanges on November 16, 2022.
What is the process to check IPO application status?
IPO allotment status contains details, such as the total number of shares allotted to a bidder or investor. To check the status of the allotment, investors must wait until the IPO allotment date. The information is released to the public on the IPO registrar’s website post this date. IPO applicants or bidders can check their application status online through the BSE or NSE websites. An applicant can also check the status on the official registrar’s website. Investors or IPO subscription applicants can also know about the IPO allotment status through emails or SMS sent by BSE, NSE, CDSL, or NSDL.
Steps to check IPO allotment status on the Fisdom app
On the Fisdom app, an investor can check the allotment status of an IPO by going to his/her Order Book once the allotment process is complete.
Steps to check IPO allotment status on the BSE website
Investors who have bid for the IPO can check the allotment status through the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) website by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the BSE website – https://www.bseindia.com/investors/appli_check.aspx
- Within the option of issue type, select ‘Equity’
- In the ‘issue name’ section, choose the Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO from the dropbox
- Mention the application number
- Provide PAN details
- Select ‘I am not a Robot’ and click on submit to check the status
Steps to check IPO allotment status by visiting the Registrar of the issue
The Registrar of the issue for Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO is Link Intime India Private Limited. To check the status of allotment with the Registrar of the issue, here are the steps to be followed.
- Visit the Link Intime India IPO allotment status webpage through the following link, https://linkintime.co.in/MIPO/ipoallotment.html
- Select Bikaji Foods International Limited IPO from the dropdown menu
- Investors can choose either PAN Number, Application Number, or DP Client ID to check the status of allotment.
- Click ‘Search’ to check the allotment status.
Strengths and weaknesses of Bikaji Foods International
Some of the key strengths and weakenesses of the company are highlighted below.
- The company is a well-known name with a pan-India presence.
- They have a huge network of strategic arrangements with extensive retail chains in the country as well as in international markets.
- The manufacturing units of the company are strategically located and have state-of-the-art facilities with stringent quality control measures.
- The revenue generation for the company is concentrated on a few products which can be a high risk for the company’s future.
- The company also faces huge risks due to increasing raw material prices and packaging materials that can have an adverse impact on the business.
- They also have a huge investment in unsecured debt instruments as well as inadequate insurance coverage.
With multiple IPOs being launched in India in the last few years, these tend to attract significant media attention and interest. Many IPOs see large-scale subscriptions from both retail investors and large institutional investors. The IPO allotment status is used by market experts as an indicator of the overall investor interest levels that the company has managed to attract in the market. Companies usually share IPO calendars to keep investors informed about the chronology of IPO events. Post the IPO allotment, the company’s shares are listed on the stock exchange for trading.
IPO allotment generally takes 7 days from the IPO offer release date. This may take longer for small-cap IPOs since the subscription threshold limit may not necessarily be achieved within a short duration.
IPO allotment status is generally updated on the IPO registrar’s website. Subscribers or bidders must provide their PAN number or IPO application number to check the allotment status. This information can also be found on the stock exchange websites. Allotment information is also sent to applicants via email or SMS notifications by BSE, NSE, NSDL, or CDSL.
If an investor is allotted IPO shares, he/she must receive a Confirmatory Allotment Note (CAN) within 15 days from the IPO issue closure as per SEBI guidelines. If not allotted shares, the refund has to be processed within 15 days from the issue closure date.
No, IPO allotment is not based on who applied first. It is allotted as per the response received from investors. If the IPO does not attract investor interest and remains under-subscribed, there are higher chances of allotment for those who apply. In the case of oversubscription, the IPO allotment is calculated as per the number of shares available for retail investors divided by the minimum lot size.
IPO share allotment is guaranteed since it depends on the level of subscription and investor interest received.