It is the day and age of online shopping as it offers umpteen amounts of convenience along with many exciting rewards and offers. Today, a lot of online shopping sites are tying up with credit card issuers and banks to offer better deals for their frequent customers. As a recent noteworthy example, we can look at Axis bank’s Flipkart credit card.
Axis bank Flipkart credit card is designed for those who are looking to get frequent discounts and offers while shopping at Flipkart and many other associated online marketplaces like Myntra, Goibibo, Uber Eats, MakeMyTrip, Urban Clap, to name a few. Here, we will walk you through some must-know information about this credit card and also provide steps on easily getting the card.
About Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card
Axis Bank is one of the leading banks in India and offers a range of financial products, including credit cards. The bank has various credit card offers designed to meet the needs of all its customers. Some credit card categories which the bank provides include shopping, lifestyle, travel, etc.
The Axis Bank Flipkart credit card is a shopping credit card launched jointly by Axis Bank and Flipkart. It comes with a wide range of features and multiple benefits like cashback, airport lounge access, fuel benefits, etc.
With this card, users can look forward to 5% cashback while shopping at Flipkart, Myntra, and other partner websites. This co-branded card also has the second-highest flat cashback of 1.5% flat cashback for other spends.
Key features and benefits of Axis Bank Flipkart credit card
Here are some noteworthy features of Axis bank Flipkart credit card which make this card a sought-after financial instrument.
|Annual Fees||Rs.500/- (this fee is waived off if annual spend is Rs.2 lakhs or more)|
|Ideal For||Cashback, Shopping, and Travel|
|Welcome Benefits of Card||Rs. 2,900 is given as joining and activation benefits from Flipkart, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Gaana, and Myntra|
Noteworthy benefits offered by the Axis bank Flipkart credit card are as mentioned below:
The welcome/activation benefits of the card are:
- Flipkart vouchers worth Rs. 500 for the first transaction made within 30 days
- 15-month subscription of Gaana.com at a discounted price of Rs. 399
- Rs. 500 discount on domestic hotel booking done via Goibibo
- Rs. 500 discount on domestic hotel booking done via MakeMyTrip
- 15% cashback of maximum Rs. 500 on Myntra purchases
Cashback benefits offered by the card are:
- 5% cashback on purchases at Flipkart, Myntra, 2GUD
- 4% cashback on purchases via Cure.Fit, Goibibo, MakeMyTrip, PVR, and Uber
- 1.5% cashback on purchases through all other partner merchants.
Additional benefits of the card are:
- Complimentary domestic lounge visits up to 4 per year (valid till 31st March 2021)
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions of minimum Rs. 400 and maximum Rs. 4,000 (maximum waiver offered is Rs. 500 per month)
- Maximum 20% discount at 4,000+ partner restaurants such as KFC, TGIF, Berco’s, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit card
Some basic eligibility criteria set by Axis bank for this card are:
- Minimum income should ideally range between Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 35,000. (this could differ across applications and is at the bank’s discretion to change on a case-by-case basis)
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 years and maximum 70 years.
During the application of Axis bank Flipkart credit card, the bank requires an individual applicant to furnish any of the following documents under each of the categories as stated below:
|Identity Proof||PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Passport, Driving Licence, or any other government-approved photo ID|
|Address Proof||Passport, Aadhaar Card, Utility bills (not more than 3 months old), or any other government-approved address proof|
|Income Proof||Bank statement for the last 3 months, Salary slips for the last 3 months, Audited financials for the last two years (for self-employed), Form 16, etc.|
Steps to Apply for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card
There are two modes of applying for Axis bank Flipkart credit card, online and offline. Here are the steps to follow for each:
- Apply for the card by visiting the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the bank’s website
- A bank executive will then visit your place for KYC (KYC is needed in case you have not had a prior relationship with the bank)
- You will then receive an email or SMS to state your card’s approval status
- During the process, you will also receive your application reference number through an SMS
- Another SMS will be delivered containing the shipping ID for tracking
- The card will then be delivered, and you can generate the pin through the Axis Mobile app
- The bank delivers Pin through EMS Speed Post
You can visit the nearest bank branch to apply for Axis bank Flipkart credit card and the process of post-application is the same as in online mode.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fees||Rs. 500|
|Annual Fees||Rs. 500 (applicable from 2nd year and complete waiver in case annual spend exceeds Rs. 2 Lakhs)|
|Finance Charges||3.40% per month (49.36% per annum)|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||2.5% of the cash amount/Minimum Rs. 500|
|Cash Payment Fee||Rs. 100|
|Late Payment Fee||Nil for total payment up to Rs. 300|
Rs. 100 if the total payment is between Rs. 301-Rs 1,000
Rs. 500 if the total payment is between Rs. 501 – Rs 1,000
Rs. 750 if the total payment is between Rs. 1,001- Rs 10,000
Rs. 950 if the total payment is between Rs. 10,001 – Rs. 25,000
Rs. 1000 if the total payment is Rs. 25,000 – Rs. 50,000
Rs. 1200 if the total payment is above Rs. 50,000
|Cheque return or Dishonour Fee||Min. Rs. 450/ 2% of the amount|
|Fuel Transaction Surcharge||1% of the transaction amount|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||3.50% of the transaction value|
Why Choose Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card
If you are a regular customer at online shopping places like Flipkart, Myntra, and Axis bank’s other online partner merchants, the Axis bank Flipkart credit card can prove very beneficial for you. If you are looking to decide on applying for this card, here are some helpful tips:
- Like any other online marketplace, Flipkart offers a wide range of products such as large appliances, books, gadgets, apparel, groceries, etc. You can earn 5% cashback on making any of these purchases.
- Myntra is a preferred fashion platform where you can earn 5% cashback with your purchases.
- For your travel needs, you can use MakeMyTrip or Goibibo and earn 4% cashback with this card.
- For all your other needs like movies (PVR), health (cure.fit) etc., you can earn 4% cash back.
It is easy to get the Axis bank Flipkart credit card. You can try it out after considering all the above factors. Before making an application, ensure that you have an excellent credit history and repayment track record. This will help in your application being easily accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much credit score do I need to apply for an Axis bank Flipkart credit card?
Axis bank requires a minimum credit score of 700 for its Flipkart credit card issuance. The bank offers it to salaried and self-employed individuals.
- How can I apply for an Axis bank Flipkart credit card?
You can either apply for this card online through the bank website or by visiting the nearest bank branch. If you are new to Axis bank, furnish KYC documents for verification.
- Who is eligible to apply for Axis bank Flipkart credit card?
Any individual between the age bracket of 18-70 years is eligible to apply for this card. The bank allows Indian residents and also NRIs to apply for this card.
- What is the credit limit allowed on Axis bank Flipkart credit card?
The bank decides the credit limit on the card, depending on the applicant’s credit profile and credit history.
- Can I earn reward points through Axis bank Flipkart credit card?
The card provides direct cashback for all transactions which are directly credited to your account statement.