The Indian stock markets have attracted millions of people across all eligible age groups over the years. Especially when it comes to the millennials, stock market investment acts as an alternative source of generating additional income. However, the stock market is as much about risk of losses as it is about fetching profits.
A common question that most people who are new to the stock markets have is how do some traders and investors earn profits consistently in the stock market despite the risk involved. The answer is, by having a sound knowledge base and constantly learning about the stock markets.
How to learn about the stock markets?
In India, there are numerous stock market training courses that are offered by some of the top government-backed agencies and institutes. People who are new to the stock markets and want to gain knowledge on trading and investing can take up a good share trading course.
Top stock market training courses in India
Here is a list of top institutes and the stock market training courses that they offer in India:
1. NSE academy
This academy was established to offer basic financial knowledge and education to beginner investors who are starting off their stock market journey. The academy offers a range of courses focused on sharing financial knowledge with learners along with certification for those who wish to enhance their career profiles.
Certification programs offered by NSE academy are:
- NSE academy certification in financial markets – NCFM
- NCFM foundation, intermediate, and advanced courses
- Certified market professional – NCMP
- Proficiency certificate
Out of the above-mentioned, one of the most sought-after courses is the NCFM course. The course structure provides practical knowledge and online testing for skills required to operate in the financial markets.
NSE academy courses, apart from enhancing stock market knowledge, can also benefit individuals who wish to build a good resume for a financial career.
2. BSE academy
BSE academy also offers multiple courses for stock market investors who wish to polish their knowledge on the markets. Some of the certificate courses offered by the academy are:
- Risk management
- Technical analysis
- Stock market
- Bond market
- Investment banking
- Equity research
The exams and certification of these courses are handled by the BSE Academy Certification on Financial Management or BCFM. The key features of the courses offered by BSE academy are:
- Offers professional-level knowledge
- Detailed course material is offered with each course
- Exams and certification
- Covers a wide range of stock market subjects
3. One Percent Academy by Fisdom
This is the right platform for those looking to enhance their technical analysis skills for trading and investing in the stock markets. The foundation program offered on this platform comes from highly-qualified industry professionals who offer live classes through a 4-week program. From risk management to identifying market trends, a beginner can benefit from this course as it adopts a practical approach. Here are the top features of the foundation program being offered by the One Percent Academy:
- Spread over 4 weeks, the course includes 6 hours of master classes taken by experts and doubt-solving with mentors
- The course also allows learners to get 6 months of community access to learn from peers and experts
- Easy identification of market trends and various entry-exit levels
- Understanding different trading tactics by using technical tools and indicators
- Knowledge of intraday and swing trading
- Risk management techniques
- In-depth understanding of candlestick patterns
- Charting technical indicators
At the end of the program, learners get a training certificate from BSE.
4. Nifty Trading Academy
Stock market investors who wish to gain learning and experience about live market sessions can make the most of the courses offered at Nifty trading academy. The courses are designed to be focused on technical analysis for in-depth knowledge. Some of the course offerings include:
- Diploma in Technical Analysis course
- Stock market beginners’ course
- Intraday trading course
- Advanced technical analysis
- Software-based Pure profit course for traders
Some of the features offered through the courses are:
- Unique course structures
- Easy teaching patterns
- Designed to enhance a learner’s career
- Helps in building a strong knowledge base on the markets
- Enables learners to begin trading independently
5. NIFM – National Institute of Financial Markets
This institute was set up by the Ministry of Finance in 1993. It offers a wide range of stock market courses online along with exams for certification.
Some of the courses offered are:
- Post-graduate diploma in financial management
- Post-graduate diploma in research analysis
- Fellow programme in Management – FPM
- NIFM certified technical analyst
- NIFM certified smart investor
- NIFM certified preparation module
NIFM courses are focused on conceptual understanding rather than practical stock market knowledge. While these courses can take up a substantial amount of a learner’s time, they are worth the knowledge base that one can gain out of them.
6. National Institute of Securities Market Certifications – NISM
Founded by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), this institute imparts the best practices, knowledge, and learning about the financial markets. The institute has many centres across the country to cover maximum test takers.
Some of the courses offered by NISM include:
- Currency derivatives certification exam
- Registrar and transfer agents certificate exam for corporate and mutual funds
- Securities intermediaries compliance exam
- Issuers compliance certificate exam
- Interest rate derivatives certificate exam
The institute details and courses mentioned here are entirely backed by the government, hence, those interested in the stock markets can be assured of the quality of courses and validity of certifications offered.
A stock market course is important for those who are new to the markets. Some of the courses can provide a basic understanding of the market functionalities, terminologies, and associated risks so that a new entrant can be prepared appropriate to trade or invest.
You can take up a stock market course online as many of the well-known institutes offer online courses to provide convenience to learners.
To get started in the Indian stock market, one can take up a course offered by Nifty Trading academy. The institute offers some of the best quality and wide variety of stock market courses that are also recognised across the country.
To buy stock in India, you must have a trading and Demat account with a registered broker in India. It is also mandatory to have a PAN card and a bank account.
Beginners can buy stocks in India after gaining some basic knowledge of the stock markets through a stock market course. A stock market course can provide insight on the basic requirements of getting started with stock market investments.