CIBIL score is a crucial aspect that determines the access of an individual and companies to various loan and credit facilities. It narrates a loan applicant’s creditworthiness to a lender and allows the latter to determine whether to grant a loan to the borrower or not. Any individual or company looking to access a CIBIL report, CIBIL score, or CIBIL rank must create a CIBIL login by registering on the official website of Credit Information Bureau India Ltd (CIBIL).
CIBIL calculates and updates credit scores once every year for both companies and individuals. They can avail their scores for free once a year and reports can be sought through a separate CIBIL login and registration process. CIBIL refers to companies as ‘CIBIL Members’. Individuals are referred to as ‘CIBIL Consumers’.
Different types of CIBIL Reports
CIBIL issues two types of credit reports. The details of the same are given hereunder.
Credit Information Report
This report is a detailed account of a person’s credit-related information. This report includes personal information, contact information, credit account details, etc. CIBIL Information Report is the first point of reference for lenders to review the creditworthiness of a person before ascertaining the viability of a loan and the decision to grant one. This report will have a CIBIL score ranging between 300 to 900 and a person having a credit score closer to 900 will indicate a higher ability to repay the loan. Such individuals can have the benefit of negotiating a better interest rate for their loans.
Company Credit Report
The Company Credit Report is similar to the Credit Information report is the detailed account of the credit related information of a company. It is the record of the past payment history of a company and records the same in the CIBIL CCR (Company Credit Report) along with a score ranging from 1 to 10. A score closer to 1 is considered to be better while a score closer to 10 is not ideal. The credit score for a company in the CCR is available for companies having an exposure ranging from Rs. 10,00,000 to Rs. 50,00,000.
Steps to login to CIBIL Portal
Individuals and companies can login to the CIBIL portal to access their credit score or to review the reports after successful registration. The process for logging in to the CIBIL portal is given below.
a. CIBIL Login Process for Individual Members
The login procedure for individuals is given below
- The first step is to visit the official CIBIL website
- Individuals will have to click on the ‘Get Your CIBIL Score’ button available on the homepage.
- Following this, members will have to tap on ‘Member Login’ which will take the user to the login page.
- Users will have to then provide their valid username and password.
b. CIBIL Login Process for Companies
The login procedure for companies to the CIBIL portal is given below.
- The first step is to visit the official CIBIL website and log in to the account using valid credentials available after successful registration.
- After logging in, members will have to provide the necessary KYC documents for verification of account.
- Post successful submission of the same, members can get their CIBIL rank and report.
CIBIL registration process for individual members
The steps for CIBIL consumer or individual login registration process are as below:
- Visit the official CIBIL website for credit score at – cibil.com/creditscore.
- Choose the subscription type and enter all the required information, including email address, PAN, gender, and date of birth. Once selected, click on ‘Proceed to Pay’.
- The next step is to make payment for the chosen subscription through one of the online payment facilities like credit card, net banking, wallets, etc.
- In the next step, the consumer must answer all questions pertaining to his/her credit cards and loans. As per this information, CIBIL will then reach out to the respective banks and financial institutions to gather information for preparing the credit report.
- Once successful authentication is done, a personalized credit score and report are mailed to the consumer and can be accessed using CIBIL consumer login.
CIBIL registration process for companies
The CIBIL members or businesses/companies belong to different industries, such as banking, telecom, banks, insurance, financial establishments, etc. Here are the steps for CIBIL member login registration:
- Go to the official CIBIL website and select ‘Company Credit Score’. On this page, complete the form with the following details:
- Name of the company
- Registered address
- Legal constitution
- Name of the applicant and his/her relationship with the business or company
- Company contact details like email address, phone number.
- CIBIL also asks members to provide the Identification Number of Company, Account Number of Loan, Tax Identification Number, PAN of the Company, and Director Identification Number
- After filling the above-mentioned details, click ‘Proceed to Payment’. To register a business or company on CIBIL, a payment has to be made via credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Post this, CIBIL will send a unique Transaction and Registration ID to the business email provided. These IDs can be used for future CIBIL logins.
- Last step is to upload the KYC documents. A member must then upload the company’s KYC documents. Upon successful completion of the registration process, CIBIL performs verification of the KYC documents. Post verification, the Company Credit Report (CCR) and CIBIL Rank of the company can be sought from CIBIL.
Steps to recover CIBIL username
There can be cases where the members may forget the CIBIL username and therefore not be able to access their credit reports. In such cases, members can reset the same and access their account with CIBIL. The process for the same is given below,
- The first step is to log in to the TransUnion CIBIL website.
- Following this, users will have to click on ‘Partner Login’ from the drop-down menu and thereafter click on ‘Consumer’.
- Users will be taken to a new tab that will display ‘Member Login’ for ‘Consumer CIR’
- The next step is to click on ‘Reset Your Password’ for member/nodal.
- Following this, users will be connected to the TransUnion CIBIL Connect portal in a new tab.
- The final step is to click on the ‘Consumer Bureau’ tab followed by clicking on ‘Unlock ID’ tab.
- Users will be then able to unlock their user ID.
KYC Documents required for CIBIL Login and Registration
Mentioned below are the KYC documents required by CIBIL for login registration,
- KYC documents required for individuals
- Identity proof–Passport, PAN card, driver’s license, voter’s identity card, Aadhar card.
- Address Proof–Electricity bill, bank statement, telephone bill.
- KYC documents required for companies
- Address Proof–Electricity bill, telephone bill, bank statement.
How to upload KYC documents for CIBIL login?
Providing KYC documents is an important step for proceeding to the CIBIL login. It is important to note that any expired or invalid documents will not be not accepted and therefore can result in cancellation of the registration process.
The steps for uploading KYC documents are steps given below,
- The first step is to visit the KYC page on CRISIL’s website using the following link https://www.cibil.com/kyc-check.
- Users will have to select the option for generating an individual credit score, or a CCR, and they will be redirected to the respective KYC uploading page.
- Members will have to provide the date of birth and email address as per the details mentioned at the time of registration.
- Following this, users will have to select the type of document that can be submitted for identity proof (for individual credit scores) and upload the same at the given tab.
- Users will then have to select the type of document for address proof and upload the same.
- The final step is to click on ‘Submit’ to complete the process.
How to check and download a CIBIL Report?
As per the RBI regulations, members are entitled to receive free credit reports from the credit rating agencies. The process for downloading credit reports for free is given below.
- The first step is to visit the official TransUnion CIBIL website.
- Following this, users will have to click on ‘Get Yours Now’.
- At thisn stage they will have to provide basic details like your name, date of birth, PIN code, PAN, etc., these details are necessary to create your username and password.
- The next step is to click on ‘Accept & Continue’ and submit the OTP for due verification. Users may be asked to provide additional details which may be needed to confirm their identity.
- Users will finally be able to download their CIBIL Report after successful verification.
To get easy online access to CIBIL score and report, consumers and members can use the login registration facility of CIBIL. Through this, it is easier to check one’s credit health regularly and either dispute any issues found or avail various benefits of having a good credit health.
Unlimited access to CIBIL score can be availed through a time-based subscription plan. This allows one to refer to their CIBIL score & report. During the subscription, one can refresh CIBIL score & report daily. One can choose between a 1 month (Rs. 550/-), 6 months (Rs. 800/-) or 12 months (Rs. 1200/-) plan.
If you are unable to see your CIBIL score, chances are that you have already availed the free access that is provided to all once a year. Beyond this, you must pay the subscription fees to access your CIBIL score.
To clear the “Settled” status from your CIBIL report, you must pay the outstanding dues on your loan or credit cards and obtain an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the lender. After this, you need to raise a dispute on the CIBIL website to clear the ‘settled’ status.
To get a credit report for a company from the official website of CIBIL, you have to pay a subscription fee of Rs. 3,000. This will allow you access to the company credit report.
Companies can improve their CIBIL rank by ensuring a good financial track record. Taking loans in the name of the company, ensuring accuracy of credit transactions in the company credit report, using credit within the applicable limits, are some of the ways to improve CIBIL rank.