Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY) is a social welfare development scheme initiated by the Bihar government on 1 April 2019. Shri Nitish Kumar, the CM of Bihar, launched the project, which provides financial aid to older people/senior citizens of Bihar. Those above 60 years of age will get the benefit of a monthly pension. Under this scheme, senior citizens are provided with Rs 400 to Rs 500 as a pension. People of any case, religion, or income can avail of the benefits of this scheme.
The Objective of the Scheme
The Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY) scheme was developed to make senior citizens in Bihar independent in their old age. The central theme was to bring all the senior citizens under a social security scheme. It would help pave the way for the elderly to gain their respect and honour in the family. Also, it would assist them in meeting their daily needs or fulfilling their requirements. Also, after 60 years of age, the elderly cannot work much, which is why such a scheme was introduced. It will help citizens live life peacefully and without any mental stress.
Features of MVPY
Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana has features as below:
- Under this scheme, those above 60 years of age get the benefit.
- The monthly pension amount is:
- Rs.400 for senior citizens above 60 years
- Rs 500 for senior citizens above 80 years
- Till the person’s death, a pension will be given to them.
- The pension amount is deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary.
- The launch date of the scheme is 1 April 2019.
Eligibility Under Bihar MVPY
- Those who are applying should be permanent residents of Bihar.
- The applicant has to be above 60 years of age.
- One who is applying should be under the category of Below Poverty Line.
- A retired government employee is not eligible for the scheme.
Documents Required For Bihar MVPY
Those who are applying for the scheme need to give the following documents:
- Aadhar Card.
- Income Certificate.
- Passport size photo
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Voter’s ID.
- Bank Account for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
- Passbook or bank statement
- Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) card
- Adhaar should be linked to the bank.
Benefits Provided Under Bihar MVPY
- Those who are fulfilling all the eligibility criteria can enjoy the benefit of this scheme.
- People of any caste, community, or religion can apply for the scheme. Hence, it is for one and all.
- Pension will be provided till death.
- Men and women both can apply and get a pension.
How to Apply for Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana (MVPY) Online?
- One needs to visit the https://www.sspmis.bihar.gov.in/.
- Next, the webpage will open, where you need to tap on “Register for MVPY”.
- Another link will open, which is https://www.sspmis.bihar.gov.in/CheckMvpyAadharAuth.
- This will lead you to verify the aadhaar page. Here the form will open up.
- Once you fill the form with details like district name, date of birth, aadhaar number, you need to tap on the ‘Validate Aadhaar (Verify Aadhaar)’ button.
- Next, you need to click on the “Register New Beneficiary” button to enrol in the scheme.
- The above step will open up the MVPY registration form.
- You need to fill in all the details in the form, such as personal details, address, bank details, etc.
- Next, after submitting the form, take the print of the acknowledgement receipt.
Thus, your registration process gets completed here.
Know the Steps to Check Application Status for Bihar Mukhyamantri Vriddhjan Pension Yojana
- First, you need to visit www.sspmis.bihar.gov.in, the official site for the scheme.
- Next, you have to visit on “Mukhyamantri Vriddhjan Pension Yojana” menu.
- Tap on the “Search Beneficiary Status” button.
- Here you will find various options to know the status of your application. You can search using Beneficiary ID, Aadhar Number, or account details.
- After entering the details, tap on the search button. Your application status will appear.
FAQ for Bihar Mukhyamantri Vriddhjan Pension Yojana
Citizens staying in Bihar and are 60 years or above can apply for this scheme and avail themselves of the pension for their future needs.
Those who are in the age group of 60 to 79 will get the amount of Rs.400 monthly, and citizens above the age of 80 years of age will get Rs.500 monthly.
Citizens whose age is above 60 years and not working need financial assistance. With this objective, the Yojana came into existence.
No, those who are retired cannot apply for this scheme.