Diksha Portal was started on 5th September 2017 by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development. Diksha Portal was created as a digital medium for all the country’s teachers. The teachers can get training on Diksha Portal, and reading material is available for all students from class 1 to class 12 on this portal. With that, students’ reading material up to post-graduation is available on this portal.
The full name of DIKSHA is Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing, for which the government develops a mobile app. DIKSHA is a massive repository of eBooks and e-content produced by the States/Union Territories and National level organizations of India.
Features of Diksha Portal – NTP
Some of the noteworthy features of this portal are:
- It started with providing teachers with news, announcements, assessments, and teacher training materials.
- Teachers can get training both online and offline on this portal.
- Reading material is available on this portal for teachers as well as students.
- The Diksha portal has all the subject material for the student from class 1 to post-graduation.
- Regular school syllabus, as well as NCERT textbooks, are available on this portal.
- Course material is available in 15 languages on the Diksha portal.
- These languages are English, Bengali, Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Chhattisgarhi, and Sindhi.
- NCERT books for class 1 to class 10 text material with QR codes are available on this portal.
- The use of this portal has increased significantly since the lockdown.
- To ensure the country’s quality and continuity of education, especially in such an environment when parents do not want to send their children to school due to Covid-19. Diksha Port as an e-learning platform.
- Complete information has been given about the Diksha Portal, a scheme launched by the Central Government under Digital India, that how all the country’s students can get free education from this portal.
- Diksha App is a storehouse of e-books and e-content where e-content of NCERT and related courses. The e-textbook is mapped with a QR code.
- The One Nation One Digital Platform concept was started in India through diksha.gov.in or Diksha App.
Scope of the Diksha Portal – NTP
The primary purpose of the portal is to create a good collection of eBooks and e-education content in the form of open educational resources (OER). This portal had proved to be very useful for teachers and students, especially during the time of lockdown when schools and colleges were all closed.
The Indian government has been taking every possible effort to promote the education of the country. Under which the Diksha Portal has been given an integrated look, under which teachers can access valuable materials.
With the help of this portal government is giving a lot of emphasis on digital education and thus, developing the skills of teachers. Here are additional points on the scope of this portal:
- Diksha Portal is an excellent tool for supporting pre-primary to senior secondary teachers.
- The portal is open for all, and groups, individuals and even institutes can join it. They can opt for member enrolment and use the available resources on the portal.
- The portal focuses on creating a shared repository of educational materials that teachers can easily access in India.
- Accessible storage with a hosting license like the National Repository of Open Educational Resources (NROER).
- There is content that provides guidelines to the teacher on developing specific skills and attitudes.
- There is immense content which includes videos, textbooks, charts, activities, and much more for teachers to enhance their knowledge and use as reference materials.
Benefits of DIKSHA Portal – NTP
Some of the top benefits of DIKSHA portal are:
- Teachers can enjoy personalized development training from any location, professionally and systematically.
- Help the teachers in providing blended training or get prepared for classes.
- Get certified by giving Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
- Take help of standardized observation tools so that teachers can get need-based coaching support.
- A dashboard or workspace is more personalized and can help teachers plan or track their progress.
You go to the Google Play Store and enter the Diksha app on the search option. After that, you can install it by clicking on the Install option. Click to download Diksha Portal. After that, select the education board, and after that, choose the medium, and after that, you can use it easily.
Diksha provides a wide range of educational content and resources, including teacher training modules, teacher lesson plans, learning resources for students, and assessment tools. It covers various subjects, including Mathematics, Science, English, and Social Science, among others.
Yes, the Diksha portal is completely free to use for teachers, students, and schools.