National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and the Ministry of Education had come up with the e-Pathshala a few years back to showcase all educational resources. It consists of digital textbooks, videos, grade learning materials, audiobooks, and more for parents, teachers, and educators. The scheme is part of the Digital India campaign, and it came into existence in 2015. The app is under the control of the Ministry of Human Resources. The materials provided in this portal are user-friendly. One can download them through a mobile app and save them to read whenever they want.
The portal is designed for students who do not have a particular book. Also, those searching for the book at the last moment before their exams are approaching can use the portal.
During Covid-19 and after that, the app has become an excellent alternative for online learning.
Objective of e-Pathshala
The primary purpose behind launching the scheme is ‘learning on the go.’ It works towards sharing information and educational resources with teachers and students.
Another objective of the portal is to reach out to diverse users and bridge the digital divide due to language, geography, and social culture.
Features of e-Pathshala
Here are the top features of the e-Pathshala app:
- It is a mobile-based -app that can be downloaded from the Google play store.
- On the app, you can find Hindi, English, and Urdu content.
- The app is designed for Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems.
- It is available for various mobile interfaces, including Windows, iOS, and Android.
- You can find the content on the app in an e-pub format which is attractive and gives a feeling of live learning.
- NCERT book in the digitized format is uploaded on the portal.
- For reading the books, it is necessary to have a PDF file reader on the mobile phone. This facility has been given to make learning exciting and easy.
How advantageous is the e-Pathshala app?
Some of the advantages of the e-Pathshala app are:
- There is easy access to e-books that are available online.
- The app is of small size and does not require too much memory.
- Users can take benefit of the app on multiple platforms.
- Any user can access eBooks on mobile, desktops, laptops, or tablets.
- Users can store multiple books on their devices, depending on the storage capacity.
- Users can enjoy the authentic feel of knowledge sharing through e-books in e-pub formats.
- This facility will also overcome the problem of saving books in the cupboard.
- A user can do various through the app like zoom in and zoom out, pinch, bookmark, navigate, highlight, select, make notes digitally and share through e-books.
- There is an option to adjust the appearance, color, screen orientation, text size, page-turning, image display, translation, and dictionary.
- There are various types of print and non-print materials like video and audio.
- One can also participate in contests, workshops, festivals, and exhibitions.
- The best part is one does not have to spend any money except for internet costs in buying books. There are no other costs involved, and one can access books for as long as one wants.
- Downloaded books can prove beneficial for students preparing for competitive exams like UPSC, IAS, SSC, and more.
How is e-Pathshala beneficial for different users?
Students: They can read and share digital textbooks from Classes 1 to 12. Also, they can access videos, supplementary books, question banks, maps, audio, etc. They get updates about upcoming events like workshops, exhibitions, contests, and more. They also get access to activity books cum e-comic books in flipbook form.
Researchers: They can use the app to find periodicals access journals, other documents, and reports. Through the app, they can contribute to journals and periodicals.
Teachers: They can discover the textbooks of all classes, videos, images, audio, question banks, research papers, maps, syllabus, sourcebook policy documents, curricular resources, and more. The app can help them educate students with new information and impart knowledge to them effectively. They also get various guidelines like PRAGYATA for digital education.
Educators: They access periodicals, textbooks, videos, audio, research papers, journal, syllabus, curricula, and other resources to educate children.
Parents: They also get access to textbooks, videos, audio, syllabus, curriculum, and other resources for supporting their children in studies.
How to use the e-Pathshala app?
The users can easily access e-Pathshala, one of the best digital learning platforms. One can access it through mobile, desktop, and laptop. Here are the steps to follow for using the e-Pathshala:
- Download the app through the Play store and create a profile.
- Get access to various options.
- Refer to the chapter on the app.
- There is a Quick Response (QR) code on the top corner of each chapter.
- Scan the code.
- After that, you will view the video access relevant resources and everything related to the lessons.
The e-Pathshala app is a valuable tool for education with a user-friendly interface and extensive library of educational materials, promoting digital literacy and enhancing the learning experience for students and teachers.
Yes, e-Pathshala is available for free.
e-Pathshala can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iOS devices.
You can search for specific educational materials on e-Pathshala using the app’s search function or by browsing the available categories and sub-categories.
e-Pathshala is a mobile app and can be accessed from Android and iOS devices.