With the advent of the digital India campaign, many schemes have been launched by the central government to make use of digital means for adding value to the life of the citizens. One such scheme which uses digital means is Shaala Darpan launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2015.
Here’s all you need to know about the Shaala Darpan scheme, its advantages, services covered, how to login and more.
The objective behind launching the Shaala Darpan Portal
The main objective of Shaala Darpan is to provide parents with clear-cut data that can help them track their children’s progress. The school admin may have a real-time digital perspective of the school. They do it by connecting students and instructors together on a single platform. Shaala darpan provides information about mid-day meals, student achievement, participation status, academic qualification, and medical problems. Other important fields and feedback forms are also found in the portal. The adoption of this portal is mainly limited to government-run schools like the Kendriya Vidyalaya. They strive to apply the same in the entire country to provide a much-needed boost to the education sector.
In essence, in modern households where both the parents may be working, focusing certain time upon their children and periodically checking their school work can get a bit hard. They may desperately want to check up on their children, but the workload may refrain from doing that. So, to supplement this, the Shaala Darpan portal has been founded. It provided every information regarding the children to their parents at their respective fingertips. Through this, the parents can catch up on their kid’s progress in school from anywhere. This ultimately will enable a better system of accountability and information dissemination.
How to login in Shaala Darpan?
Here’s how to login to Shaala Darpan portal:
- Each state has its portal. Thus the login link will differ from state to state. For instance, if the parents reside in Rajasthan, which notably has major adoption of the portal, then they will be required to visit Rajasthan’s Shaala Darpan website.
- After successfully opening the login page, the parents need to click on the login button to proceed further in the process.
- They can access their students’ reports by entering the User ID and corresponding password, which the school should provide to each student.
Advantages of Shaala Darpan Portal
Some of the advantages of this portal are:
- Proper and correct information will be provided to the parents straight from the data fed to the system by the respective teacher.
- A systematic overview will be available to the parents to track their children’s progress.
- It would save time for parents and students. Further, it will also lessen the class teacher’s work as they won’t have to take the initiative for every student at fault.
- The parents can use the information provided by the portal for discussing amicable solutions to students’ problems.
- It will lead to the proper utilization of digital resources provided by the government.
- Releases the workload of busy teachers. For instance, if a teacher has around 3-4 sections, then micromanaging and focusing on each student can get a bit hard; they can take a sigh of relief through this portal.
- Further, the portal provided enunciated information about students who may be needing help directly from their parents, thus lessening the unnecessary work burden of the teachers.
What are the services that are available on Shala Darpan?
Listed here are the services covered under the scheme:
- School search process
- The process to view school report
- Procedure for viewing student’s report
- Procedure for viewing staff report
- Scheme Search Process
- Know Your School NICSD ID
- The process to know the staff details
- Staff login
- Transfer schedule
Shaala Darpan download format
To download Shaala Darpan, you can visit the website of Rajasthan Government’s school education department – https://rajshaladarpan.nic.in/SD3/Home/Public2/Default.aspx
In conclusion, Shaala Darpan provides a comprehensive and effective solution for the education sector in India, aimed at improving the quality of education and the overall management of schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can Shaala Darpan benefit the students?
Ans – Students who have been lagging can get aid from their parents if their information is a bit behind reaches their guardian at the earliest. The whole exchange between the parents and students efficacious through Shaala Darpan.
How can one contact anyone for queries related to the Shaala Darpan?
Ans – Firstly, the school authorities can be reached for basic clarification. If the parents may require more help, they can raise a query through the help button on the home page.
Is there a mobile application available for the Shaala Darpan Portal?
Ans – There seems to be no official application on the Play store by the Government of India. At present, it can only be accessed through the web.
How can I view a student report?
Ans – Firstly, the user will be required to log in with the correct credentials. For verification, contact the concerned school authorities. After a successful login, they will be met with a page where facilities available on the portal should be present. The user should click on the student report to get the same.